Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 9 Traveling Day

What a night. First to hot even with windows and vents open to sleep. Plus could not find a position that would help my back stop hurting. Then dog added to the mix because she was upset she could not sleep in her spot when slide is closed. Funny how animals make their own routine and get upset when broken. I know she wants to be close, but she can see me from living room. Not like it is far away. Finally started to fall asleep when my guts started up. Lets just say for next hour it is a good thing I have an onboard water closet. Don't know what was the cause, but almost afraid to eat. Will have a little oatmeal though, as I'm hungry.

Cat was funny in that anything not in its place or something new is cause to slowly approach and whack it. When she jumped in bed and saw an odd object near my pillows, she did just that. Now she has met my pocket pistol.

Upon taking the dog out this morning I found I did not lock door and that is something that is normally habit. :-(

Onboard generator has not been run in 7 month, so it was stubborn staying started at first. Tire was down 60 lbs this morning. Did something I never do. I left air in compressor just in case I need a few lbs before I park again for the night.

Stopped at Flying J in Amarillo TX to top off tank. Walked dog and then went in for.99 44oz soda. Fancy machine that had a syrup dispenser. So put 2 squirts of cherry and 2 of lemon. That was a really good Pepsi. Since pizza was a 2 for,  I got 2 slices. One for lunch and one for dinner.

Next stop was a rest area west of Santa Rosa NM. I was planning on staying there for the night. Plans changed for two reasons. One, when I took dog out and was hit by the heat, I knew we needed AC. Air hot, wind hot and hard to breath. Second, there was only 108 miles left to go. I will pay another $10 to have a campsite with power.

Upon parking last night the wind came and I have been dealing with it since. Driving in it with such a high profile rig is tiring and sucks up the fuel. Driving on hwy 285 was not bad as it was more tailwind that time.

Found out my $10 a night campsite with 50 amp power has no water. That is fine though. I unhooked car, backed into a site with water and put some in the tank. Of course the people from TX that reseved it came in while I was filling. They were nice about it, but I did not want to hold them up. I stopped at 2/3rd and got out of the way. Good thing to as more were coming in.

Even though my spot is on a hill where I picked to park in it was level. So I only had to drop jacks for support, for slides to be put out. Once power was hooked up, I got AC on and then finish setup. Cat is finally out of hiding. We all ate and now I am resting as my back not happy with me.

Since I am here for 10 days I am hoping to be able to meet up/hang out with Heather and Sarai, as well as see things I may have missed when here in 07 for a week.

1 comment:

  1. wow I don't think I've seen a machine at a stop that had syrup dispensers!!

    ReplyDelete