Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 3

Got to sleep by midnight. Less tossing about and got out of bed by 8am. Made some Chai, ate some instant oatmeal, fed cat breakfast and took dog out. Sun is out today, so time to shower, dress and see what today brings.

Need to get back to taking my herbs. I've been bad about doing so lately. Got them out of cabinet and doled out a weeks worth. Those are sitting on edge of dining table as that is the most right in your face can't miss them spot.

Guess I picked the wrong time to look at my email. Such a loving missive from ex. (said very sarcastically) about divorce.  " I have waited almost 3 months for you to get the money to finish the divorce papers. I have done my part of paying and paperwork. It is your turn to finish it now."
My reply was probably to much information, but I tend to be long winded and explain. " No it is not. Original verbal agreement was you were to pay. Your words 'I did this, I should pay for it'. Right now there are more important things for me then our divorce or even the bathroom for that matter. I don't plan on getting involved ever again. No dating for me, so divorce not important. Only downfall is that if anything happens to either of us, we have spousal rights. I sat in that house dying, my spirit broken. From Jan-June I had only been away from Waldo 2x. Would only go to store when dog/cat food was needed. I knew something had to change when I would visit with the JW's that came to my door. So I got an equity loan to consolidate bills so I could get out of red every month. I got in the black, but barely. I got online and sold some of my scuba gear and a few other things, but not for divorce. It was so get car outfitted to tow. It will be slow going at one tank of fuel a month, but hoping I can make it to Cocolalla before I have to turn around and be back in Waldo for winter. I decided my mind, my crippled up body, my wounded heart and my spirit need attention now and that trumps all. I headed out Wednesday (paperwork left home of course) and only know I will try to return by winter. If I feel up to it and have the money (which I doubt) I may finish it then. If you want it done and over with, feel free to grab the ball and run. My life does  not revolve around you anymore. I don't need to do things for you or ensure your happiness anymore. My only job now is to do/care for Me. I am losing mobility, so the time for me is Now. Oh, had no where to have mail forwarded, so until I do it is just stored in Waldo PO. So if any mail is sent, I may not see it till I return. Bye"

That is out of way now. I could have ignored it, but to me that is plain rude. Also if I didn't reply it would have stayed with me all day. Now I can forget about it and enjoy my day. Off are the dog and I to places unknown to us. :-) Made a bottle of lemon water for me and filled another with plain water for her. 

Did not use maps or GPS. Today was just a fly by the seat of your pants day and see what I come across. Headed out of campground on a road we had not been on yet and found Little Niagra Falls. Got my walking stick, grabbed camera and then was a good girl and leashed up dog. On this walk we followed the sign to Travertine Island and Lost Cave Falls. Then went off trail following my ears as they heard more falls.

Headed next to Travertine Nature Center. Dog stayed in car as I was just after a postcard and park ink stamp. I try to collect one from all National areas visited. Ranger Vicki and I started talking and we talked about travels, pets, wildlife, what trail dog is allowed on and can get in water. She loved my Click It reading glasses and had me show them off to 3 other rangers. We talked about the different springs that the natives used for their healing properties. One for the sprint, one for the body, one for the mind and another for skin ailments. I need all of them. Ranger B. Rice even offered me a rescued box turtle to adopt. I declined, which was hard for me.

Next I saw a sign for Veterans Lake, so drove over to check it out. On the way stopped at Bromide Hill and stood close to the edge to take a picture of the view. Ran into a lesbian couple with 2 dogs and said hello, then continued the short hike. Did not feel like doing the longer hike as I'm getting worn out. Longer hike would get me to Bromide Springs. This one is for the stomach.

Stopped at Bison Lookout and walked about 1/2 mile of trail before turning back. Did not find the Bison. Maybe try the trail going other direction another day.

Stopped at Hillside Springs and could smell sulphur. Dog drank from this one. Sign said no drinking so I passed. Went over to Pavilion Springs a short walk away and even though I could still smell sulphur I drank a little anyway. Here there was no sign except for one that showed what all was in the water.

Want to go to Buffalo Springs but that is a 2.1 mile walk (1 way) from Pavilion and needs to also be on a different day.

Drove around and saw a sign for Turner Falls, so headed that direction. Did not find falls, 
but did find Turner Falls Park which is a tourist area. So turned around and headed back. Got a burger, tots and strawberry slush at Sonic in Davis for $3.06. Filled car up in Sulphur for $3.32 gal. Last time I put gas in car was March and it was $3.80 then.

Drove back to the Buckhorn Campground and as soon as I parked, opened door for dog to get out and got called out by a host to put her on a leash. I struggled to get out of car and stand up. Said she just got out of car, as I hobbled over to RV to open door. Did my tongue click (same as used with horses) and dog went in. Host said Thank You and that I need to get out first and leash dog before she leaves car. :-P

Now to relax and deal with pending headache. So that is it for today.

Took a few phone camera pics for this blog. Good pics are on camera and I can't do anything with them until I get laptop out and connected to internet. But all pics that are put on blog with phone will at least let you see a little of what I am seeing. Don't know why they always upload sideways, but my niece will get them fixed when she can. :-)






1 comment: