Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 10

After texting Heather and making plans for Saturday, I listened disk 1 of The Pagen Stone.

Laid down at 11pm and could not get comfortable. Back really bothering me. Got up, made a cup of Chai went out at 3:30am to enjoy the morning. Since campground was asleep I let dog explore on her own off leash.

It is 10:20am and hot out already. Right now all I am going to do is eat brunch and listen to book.

Finished listening to book, shower, dressed and now going to take a short walk with dog. She is not going to like it as it is really to hot for her. I will take her to the lake to cool her off.

Walking I felt leash go taunt and turned to find my dog doing something she has never done. She pooped in middle of road. I guess she really had to go. I had already taken her out 3x prior today. I an not picking that up. Though she was dragging in first 15 mins of walk, she perked a little when she saw jack rabbit. On way back she was so tired she did not even notice the cotton tail.

This time I almost did not think I would make it back to campsite. By mistake took the long route to water. Once close we went down a wall of rocks, (right side of picture is the low end. We did the higher end, as it end on land not water). Picture with distance view, we already walked half the distance to water. I am already dreading walk back before we even get to destination.

Dog even though she was cautious and thought out every move, still beat me down. I tapped rocks every step of the way to make noise and warn rattelers. I almost fell a few times and almost broke walking stick once to prevent fall. Dog swam and drank. I went through 20 oz of water in 1 1/2 hours. Uphill killed me and I am not day walking in the desert again unless temps go down or it is raining.

No more today as back is screaming once again, my knee is unhappy and I need both settled for my date tomorrow.

Time to eat, read, relax and maybe nap.



1 comment:

  1. LOL. Sounds like our long route in Capri and Sorrento :-p. Beautiful images though!

    ReplyDelete