Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 1

Try as I might I did not fall asleep until after 2 am. Up and about at 7 am finishing up more  last minute stuff that I find. Of course by this time with slides closed and some cabinets hidden, it became a game of tossing and go. Figured that I could organize it once I landed somewhere.
I loaded the cat early, so she could walk around and try to get a custom to the place. If nothing else she needed to know where her cat box and food where. When it became time to load the dog I was utterly surprised. Of course her first action once she figured out the game plan was to run to gate. I called her to me, said come, she actually followed and got in. No running, no hiding, she just got in. Smart dog! Seems she knew that I was going and this time no one to stay behind with. Once engine starts dog lays down with head facing kitchen as she will no look out a window if speed is over 30mph. Have no idea yet where my cat went.
Of course while driving I get to thinking or over thinking. Why am I doing this. Can't really afford it, but then again can I afford not to? Last June I received a damaging blow when blindsided by being left for a much younger women. Then in October and November took 3 devastating blows and my spark for life was waining. I had no one around to help me jump start, no one to lean on or talk with f2f in order to help me fix the damage done. I wrapped myself within the walls of the house, had trouble leaving them and was letting my spirit die. I found some spark and decided to do this in hopes that it will help in the repairs and that my spirit will burn bright again. It is only money and what I over spend on credit now, I will deal with paying off over the winter months of doing nothing.
Woops side tracked. That happens a lot when I write. Now back to the scheduled program. :-)
As soon as I got to Texarkana and was about to enter onto I-30, I hear a noise, look in rearview and see draws flying out of pantry. Pull over and pick it all up. That never happened before. I will look into that later as well.
I really have to pee, so find a wide spot and pull over. Nice having a bathroom onboard. I soon discover the cat is under the recliner. That is where last cat would hide. I kneel to pet her and hear a knock on drivers window. Patrolman wanted to know if everything was alright. Said, 'all is fine'. He said 'wanted to make sure you were not broken down. Nope,just had to pee pretty bad. He smiled and I thanked him for his concern. Now I put on seatbelt for short time. Once my shoulder couldn't take the discomfort it was causing, it came off.
Just tootaling along when dog gets ansy as does cat. Dog of course just comes to cab, looks at me then turns around and lays back down. Once she starts doing this every 10 minutes, then I know she has to go bad. Now cat is talking and crying. I talk to her and she comes to rub my hand and then get in lap. She is up, she is down and does this a few times while talking. I am sure that is my signal she has to go to. Unlike last cat who never came out till engine had been of for 20 minutes and once went under chair, KK was good. Since mom was not stopping and following her, she jumped the dog and went in her box while in motion. I am a very proud mommy.
Dog and I have to wait as there is no place to stop. Finally see a Walmart. Pull in, I go first and then let dog out. I stop at car to get her leash with bags attached, just in case. Of course I don't leash her. She follows commands as is standing waiting. We walk to grass area, I say go pee-pee. She does and comes back. I asked if she needed to take a dump? She sits, so that is a no. We walk an I say 'wait' as cars are coming. Once it is clear, I say 'go' and she beats me to RV.
I decided to stay parked for a bit to give the kids a short window to eat and drink. Dog chooses only lots of water, cat goes for it all. I sit and eat my 1st meal (Bumble Bee Lunch in a Box), since 8pm the night before.
I know when I hit OK and don't need a sign to inform me, just start bucking wind. Then the sun is gone, sky is now gray and I am driving straight into black. Get to campground and only 2 non-electric spots available. Host does not answer door. So walk around to get enough signal for internet. Get coordinates for other campground 30 minutes away. As soon as I see entrance the sky opens up. It is coming down hard. I find a reserve spot that is open for 2 days. Drive to flat spot to unhook car. Move car off road as ranger is waiting behind me. Get back in RV and drive loop again. Back perfect in spot. So proud of myself as I have always had a spotter in the past. Walk to get car and then start to level when host shows up. Of course by now I am pretty wet. Told I need to move as anyone can reserve site tonight. So follow host with just the car to an open site on another loop. Pay and get a ride back in golf cart. Did another good backing job, but this time had to readjust as bedroom slide was to near a tree to open fully. Of course by now I am a drowned rat. I hook up power but decided to forgo water for the night. Cat has a bowl from pitcher and dog has a bowl from rain water.
Due to lack of good internet signal, went into electronics cabinet and found cell booster and got it hooked up. Of course got a phone call and now need to find charger as phone almost dead.
Animals seem comfortable now and dog is finally eating at 9pm. I nuked some teriyaki noodles for my dinner. Now it is time to train cat as she thinks dining table is for sleeping. Told her to get down, she did and in now causing me pain by kneeding my stomach. Told her my body hurt enough from todays events. Opened the blind and window behind couch and she is enjoying that for the moment.
I think I will get out of these clothes now, hang them to dry and then see if I can get some sleep.
This takes a long time to touch type on phone. Good thing I have nothing better to do. I have either caught your attention and you enjoyed the tale or I bored you to death. ;-) Till next time.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment