Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 12, Day 13, Day 14, Day 15, Day 16

Nothing to post for day 12, as I have been sick all day. Headache, sore throat, hot and freezing cold flashes, sinus issues and more. Because I can't take meds, by body has become a fighter. Fever has finally broke (2am day 13). Now just need the rest of it to go away. Wish I had soup onboard.
<p>Time to take dog out and then go back to laying down. </p>
<p>Day 13 is pretty much the same as 12 without the fever. Plus from being in bed more then out of it last 2 days, every muscle and joint is screaming. Dog has not gone out in 12 hours so need to do that. Good thing most campers are gone and I don't have to walk her. </p>
<p>Oh, there was a little excitement last night. Saw 4 police cars and ambulance with lights on go by and a helicopter was flying around looking for someone for over an hour. </p>
<p>Spent most of the day dozing and freezing under the blanket. By 9pm that changed and I awoke with a damp shirt. Hoping I will be better tomorrow. </p>
<p>Day 14, very weak. Have not had anything with real nutrition in days. Have not urinated so guess dehydration has set in. I try and drink water whenever I get up, but I guess it is not enough. I will either get better or die in the desert.</p>
<p>Hopefully I will stop being sick and have more to blog about.</p>
<p>Woke up last night soaked head to toe. It kept coming out for almost a hour. Once I stopped gushing, got cleaned up and put dry clothes on. Then came the chills. Fever keeps coming and going. Right now I'm just burning up. If just the headache and nausea would go away that would help some. You know I am really sick, have not smoked since this all started.</p>
<p>We can say day 16 was an expensive day. So sick couldn't sleep so called 911 to catch a ride. The Fire/Emts here at Cochiti are all local volunteers and got here pretty fast. They decided to take me to St.Vincent in Santa Fe. On the way out they stopped at the shop to switch people. Putting in iv line he used a needle that was to big and that vein is blown. Nothing but a giant black and blue knot on that hand.

Using a much smaller needle now and going higher on arm, we finally got a line in. I have a bruise on my finger as that is where blood draw had to be gotten from. Of course my inner arms are all bruised and I look like a druggy from all their missing because they never listen to the one person who really does know their body best.

Night shift started processing me and respected my liver issues and did not force any meds. Then day shift took over and started just pushing stuff into my line. I was told most  livers don't like meds. When blood test came back they found my enzymes up, because mine really does not. Looks like I will need to take some meds to kill this infection. Not sure on why blood platlets are low, but will have them checked again later on.

Testing is brutal. Choke me with a Strep test to my tonsils. Then there is the flu test where they try to drown nasal passage with saline and suck you boogers out. Awful feeling and I said if they wanted my boogers I would have preferred to pick them a few.

Only way back to campground was a taxi and that was big bucks $110. Rangers were good about checking on dog.

Still need to get my prescription filled, but tomorrow is another day.

3 comments:

  1. hope you're feeling wel soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. You are probably the only one reading.

      Delete
  2. Nope I'm reading too. Just a little delayed. Hope you're feeling better! How's the air in the tire doing?

    ReplyDelete