Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 8 Travel Day

Started the day at 9:23am. Slowly got things done and headed out around 11am. Of course when I arrived a week ago I had to setup in rain and today I got to undo it all in the rain. Glad I don't melt.

I tried to find/see the Bison for days and they were elusive. Now that it is raining, I am driving RV and can't pull over, they are out.

In no rush, so stopped at dump station first. Just got on I-35 and now stopped at first rest area I came to, to take dog out. She was freaking out to much early when the slides closed.  She knows routine, cat doesn't. So cat did not freak until we started moving.

Without someone to walk around and check things behind me, quadruple check somethings. What I found I missed on this walk around is a low drive tire. Must have a leak. :-(  Next fuel stop I hope they have air. If not, I will have to crank generator and get out air compressor.

Stopped at Flying J in OKC off I-40. My first fill up since I left home on a full tank. Always try and park with no less then 1/2 tank (40 gals) but full is better. Cost for this 56 gals after my discount (reason I try to use FJ or Pilot) is $195.53. A savings of $4.48. Every little bit I can save, the better. Found air hose and driver side drive tire was down 45lbs. All others good, so will have keep a eye on this one.

Being a good girl and taking a lunch break now. Tuna salad on crackers, diced peaches and a cookie from my Lunch on the Run lunch kit.
Dog is having water and cat still hiding under chair.

Oklahoma wind really hurt my fuel economy bad on this tank. :-(  Bucking that wind was not fun as it made me have to tense and my neck and shoulders don't like tense.

There was no way to get around it, so I did the only thing I could and ran it over. To afraid to stop and look to see if damage was sustained, I just kept driving. Now that I am stopped for the night, I guess it is time to go inspect things. In answer to the question I know is on your minds now. 1mile east of exit 82 on I-40 west I had to run over a semi tire. Not a piece of tire, a whole tire less the wheel (thank goodness). One big round tire right in the middle of my lane and with my size, car in tow and a vehicle in other land, there really was no going around it. :-(

My location for the night is a rest area near Jericho TX. End slot was taken, so bedroom slide can't go out tonight.

Inspection done and I don't see any physical damage and really glad it missed the car. I do see a small puddle under engine area, but don't know if it is me or last person who was parked here. I will check later to see if it dries or gets bigger. Bad news is that drive tire is low again. So will have to pull out compressor and crank generator prior to leaving. I guess I will need to find a big rig tire shop to have leak fixed somewhere along the way.

For now I am going to try and relax and then figure out what I have to eat that does not require me turning on generator for defrosting or nuking something to eat.

Pics were taken at rest area while walking dog.



2 comments:

  1. still following you!!! hahhhaha its great to read!!! BIG HUG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on posts! gonna have to go in and rotate some photos :)

    ReplyDelete